The shift in temperature as summer flows into autumn always reminds me of childhood…and the things I miss from that bygone time.
- Drinking a mug of hot Ovaltine on a chilly evening
- Chewing fruit punch flavored Bubblicious gum
- Skipping rope in the backyard
- Hiding in my secret cubby under the stairs (which transported me, quite like the wardrobe in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, to a completely different realm)
- Watching episodes of Fraggle Rock while wearing my pajamas
As I look back over the list, I realize I’m not too old to do any of them (except the cubby thing…I’d need to find a space large enough for grown-up me). Maybe I should try them some time.